Drop-Off and Pick-Up Before School (7:40 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.)
- Drivers who need to stop briefly and drop off their children will need to enter the driveway in the “drop-off lane” on the right hand side of the cones. Once your child has been dropped off, please exit the parking lot as soon as possible. Remember that it's "Right Turn Only" out of the parking lot during this time!
- Drivers who need to pass through to the parking lot or park will need to enter the driveway on the left side lane. Please do not cross over, at any time, from the left hand lane to the right hand lane in our school driveway.
- When walking through the parking lot, please cross only at the crosswalk.
- Please do not park and/or leave your car unattended in either lane in our school driveway. If you need to enter the school campus for any reason, please park your car in a designated space in the parking lot (or on Midland Road) and come in to the office to let us know you’re here.
After School (2:20 p.m. Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs ; 12:40 p.m. Fri)
- Students being picked up should wait in designated area in front of school.
- To insure the safety of your children; they must be picked up within 15 minutes after dismissal. There is no supervision after this time.
- Drivers should stay in their car and pick up students in the designated area only.
- Students who ride their bicycles or walk home from school should leave the campus immediately after dismissal unless they are accompanied by an adult.
- Students who ride the Boys & Girls Club bus are to stand and wait in the designated area until the bus arrives.
- Bicycle riding is allowed for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students. Permission slips are available in the office.
- Bicyclists are required to wear safety helmets.
- Bicycles are to be walked on school grounds. School grounds include, but are not limited to Midland Road from Edgemoor to the end of the parking lot.
- Bicycles need to be walked to designated area and locked to the bike racks prior to the start of school.
- Bicycle riders need to ride in a safe manner. Bicycle privileges will be revoked from anyone who is not riding safely to and from school.
- Skateboards, motorized scooters, roller blades and other shoes with wheels are not permitted as a means of traveling to or from school.
- Tennis shoes with wheels are not allowed on campus.
PARKING LOT ETIQUETTE
- Please drive slowly.
- Follow the Golden Rule with other drivers and staff members. Remember that you are not the only one in a hurry.
- Please do NOT get out of the car to assist or escort your child if you choose to use the drop-off lane.
- Pull up to the curb before the blue crosswalk before dropping off or picking up your child.
- Pull up close to the car in front of you.
- Please refrain from using cell phones while driving in the parking lot.
PARKING IN THE PARKING LOT
- Park in one of the parking spaces, not in the traffic flow area at any time of the day.
- If you park in the red zone or in the handicapped parking and leave your vehicle, you are likely to be ticketed by the San Diego County Sheriff Department.
Thanks for your cooperation! Remember -- Courtesy is Contagious!